The aims, purpose and functions of the Thurrock Health and Well-Being Board are outlined below.
Key strategic aims:
Resourceful and resilient people in resourceful and resilient communities where:
· every child has the best possible start in life
· people make better lifestyle choices and take more responsibility for their health and well-being
· people stay healthier longer, adding years to life and life to years; and
· the health and well-being of communities in Thurrock are more equal
· to improve health and reduce inequalities
· to develop and facilitate the delivery of transitional arrangements to meet statutory requirements within the emerging health agenda
· to determine the health improvement priorities in Thurrock
The board is chaired by the portfolio holder for Adult Social Care and Health and has a combination of Membership, constituting of Elected Members, Directors of various service areas of Thurrock Council, and representatives from Thurrock NHS Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), NHS England, HealthWatch Thurrock, Thurrock Community Safety Partnership Board and Patient and Public Engagement.
This meeting is open to the public, although in considering some items of business, the press and public may be requested to leave the meeting.
Support officer: Darren Kristiansen, Business Manager - Commissioning. Email: Direct.Democracy@thurrock.gov.uk
Web site: http://www.thurrock.gov.uk