Thurrock Arts Council was formed in 1960 by the Thurrock Urban District Council to provide an umbrella organisation for all the arts groups in Thurrock. TAC is a democratic organisation that has administered grant funding on behalf of Thurrock Council and other funders in Thurrock.
Associate Membership is free and open to any group, organisation, or individual by application to the executive committee. After a year as an associate member, full membership may be awarded, and constituted organisations can apply for funding. There is not currently a funding stream for individuals or commercial organisations.
Thurrock Arts Council works with community organisations, council departments, Arts Council England and professional arts organisations such as Royal Opera House Thurrock, to provide opportunities for excellence and participation across the artistic spectrum.
· A central body for the proactive development, promotion, and management of community arts in Thurrock
· Increase funding opportunities for TAC members to develop their own work
· Encourage and instigate new arts activities, organisations, and events in Thurrock
· Bring new participants and diversity to the arts in Thurrock
· Ensure a thriving arts community with real and sustainable opportunity for growth
· Promote the development of dedicated community arts spaces
Thurrock Arts Council
Thurrock Council is not responsible for the content of any external link